Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the first year in a LONG time that I didn’t end up in a bar all night, drinking beers and indulging in late night food. I rang in the new year at my boyfriend’s mom’s house because his brother and nephews are in town from Germany. I literally had a hard time staying awake until midnight. WOW, as soon as I turned 30, I turn into a lame Jane I guess! It’s okay though..I’m totally fine with that!
I think I was in bed at 12:15am this year. At least I made it to midnight, right?!
Now that 2014 is in full swing, I wanted to look back at my year. Sometimes I feel like I’m not making progress, but when I look back at the big picture, it helps me put things into perspective.
I managed to stay fit, travel and still go out and have fun with my friends. It’s all about balance.
Here are a couple of my highlights from 2013:
- I was featured on Bodybuilding.com!!!
- Ran the 5k Ditka Dash in Chicago
- Ran the Color Me Rad 5k in Indianapolis
- Took my first spin class EVER
- Ran the Patriot Challenge 5k
- Went to the Arnold Classic and actually met ARNOLD!
- Did a fitness photoshoot
- Launched my online coaching program!
- I went to Cancun for my bday with a group of friends 🙂
- I traveled to Los Angeles for a week long vacation with my family
- We took a trip to Charleston, SC and decided we want to move there in 2014!!
- I bought my first investment property!!
- Went to a couple concerts – Jimmy Buffett & Jason Aldean
- Went ziplining for the first time
- Went to a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley and sat front row!
- Grew my Isagenix business from a team of 5 and now have over 1,000 associates on my team!!!
Wow when I look at it all written down, it makes me happy!!! At times I feel like I’m just running in place, but this list proves that I’ve been busy and have made progress.
I want to take a second and thank each and every one of you for coming to my page and supporting my journey. You guys have been around to witness each of the items above. Even though I may not “know” a lot of you, I truly feel like I have become friends with so many of my readers. When you guys comment on my posts, it gives me encouragement and motivation to keep doing what I’m doing. Thank YOU guys for helping me be a better person through this little old blog 😉 XOXO
I also think 2014 is going to be a big year for me. I plan on picking up and moving across the country to Charleston, SC. I’m terrified of this but so extremely excited at the same time. We don’t have jobs there and don’t have friends or family there. We have never lived out of the Midwest but we fell in love with Charleston, SC and want to move towards the beach and warmer weather. Let’s hope all goes as planned!
In 2014, I also want to:
- Run in more races
- Build more muscle in my upper body
- Blog more often
- Train for another photo-shoot or show
- Sell my primary house
- Continue investing in real estate
- Be a better girlfriend, sister, daughter, friend, puppy mama and employee
- Travel more
I think all of the goals for 2014 are attainable. If all of those happen in 2014, I will be very proud of myself!
Here are a couple of my most memorable pictures from 2013:
So..to end this post. I want to say THANK YOU AGAIN for supporting Live Life Active and now…BRING ON 2014!!!