I was grocery shopping yesterday after work and found some sweet potato bites that I really wanted to try. I decided to create a recipe with them last night and it turned out pretty yummy!
Introducing my Sweet Potato Tots Quiche!
This is a super simple recipe that only takes a few minutes of prep time. That’s my kinda recipe. 🙂
- 1 carton of liquid egg whites (or 10 egg whites)
- 1 bag of Sweet Potato Bites (18 oz bag)
- 1 box of Precooked turkey sausage links (two boxes are pictured below but I only used one)
- 1/4 cup Reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Empty bag of sweet potato bites, egg whites and chopped up turkey sausage into a pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray. (If turkey is still frozen just heat them into a microwave for a minute so they are soft enough to chop up)
- Put into oven for 30 minutes at 425.
- When there is only about 3 minutes left to cook, take the tray out and add a sprinkle of cheese to the top and let cook for remainder of time.
Cut into 6 pieces and enjoy!!!
I added a bit of hot sauce to the top of mine and it really added a lot to it. I suggest you adding some hot sauce or salsa to give it a kick since the sweet potatoes are so sweet!
Here is the nutritional breakdown.
- Serving Size: 1 square (6 total in recipe)
- Calories: 248
- Carbs: 26.1 g
- Protein: 15.3 g
- Fat: 8.7 g
I would have one or two servings per meal.
If you want to lower the amount of carbs, you can tweak this recipe by only adding half a bag of sweet potato bites. I think I’ll do that next time!
I put some in my fridge for later and the rest in the freezer to eat another time.
BTW, this is boyfriend approved as well. He loved it!
If you try this recipe, leave a comment below and let me know what you think!