I was finally feeling better by Tuesday night. It must have just been a 24 hour stomach bug or something. Whatever it was, it wasn’t a fun time.
Has anyone ever heard of “donkey calf raises”? It’s a legit exercise that I’ve never seen and never knew existed. If I ever saw someone actually doing this exercise It would be impossible not to stare and explode with giggles. Okay..maybe I’m just immature..you decide…
Here’s the breakdown….sounds pretty acceptable until the end….
“Main Muscle: Calves
- For this exercise you will need access to a donkey calf raise machine. Start by positioning your lower back and hips under the padded lever provided. The tailbone area should be the one making contact with the pad.
- Place both of your arms on the side handles and place the balls of your feet on the calf block with the heels extending off. Align the toes forward, inward or outward, depending on the area you wish to target, and straighten the knees without locking them. This will be your starting position.
- Raise your heels as you breathe out by extending your ankles as high as possible and flexing your calf. Ensure that the knee is kept stationary at all times. There should be no bending at any time. Hold the contracted position by a second before you start to go back down.
- Go back slowly to the starting position as you breathe in by lowering your heels as you bend the ankles until calves are stretched.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: If you don’t have a machine available but have access to a calf block and a sturdy object to hold on to, you can perform this using as resistance a person sitting on your lower back (around the tailbone area).”
And….here’s the picture of the exercise. Apparently the variation version was the picture they wanted to use.
hahahah! Seriously. I’m guessing my girl Jamie Eason doesn’t have someone donkey her at the gym..but ya never know..I wouldn’t put it past her I guess. All I know is that I stuck with the alternative option of doing leg press calf raises.
As for the rest of day 38, my barbell stepups were better this time because I used an actual weight bench and not an aerobics step. It was much higher and harder to complete this time.
Wouldn’t you laugh if you saw someone “donkey” someone else? What if the donkey rider lied about their weight? You wouldn’t have a true estimate of how much you lifted that day. Oh the jokes you can make about this exercise…. 🙂