Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I hope you’re spending the day with your loved ones! I’m personally not a fan of Valentine’s Day at all. I think it’s a complete Hallmark holiday. My boyfriend and I have never celebrated it big, but this year he said he may have something up his sleeve. I’ll let you know tomorrow what it is!
I had a few years in college when I was single on Vday and honestly, those were awesome nights!We would be in a college town, go to the bars on vday and everyone who was at the bar would be single! It was such a fun night because everyone was in the same boat and you were 99% sure if a dude was at the bar that he was single and eligible 😉
I used to think like this….
My plan for the day is to just work, gym, shower and go to dinner for vday (I think that’s what the bf has planned). That sounds like a perfect night to me.
Now, I think like this…
Are you a fan of Valentine’s Day, or do you think of it as just a Hallmark holiday like me?
Yesterday I completed Day 13 on Lee Labrada’s Lean Body trainer. It was good ol’ legs day. The gym is still being renovated so all the equipment was pushed in towards the center of the gym. It made it a bit harder to get to some things, but I figured it out. I’m a big girl.
- Squats: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure (used smith machine)
- Leg Extension: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lunges with Barbell: 2 sets of 14 reps
- Seated Leg Curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure
- Straight Leg Barbell Deadlift: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure
- Calf Extensions: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure
- Calf Raises on Leg Press: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure
- Hanging Leg Raises: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure
- Planks: middle, left, right to failure
- Leg Raises on Bench: 2 sets
- Air Bike: 2 sets of 25 reps
If you compare the workout above to Lee’s actual workout he has listed, you can see I modified it quite a bit. I added a few exercises and changed the type of calf exercises.
After training I did a quick 10 minutes on the elliptical at level 10.
In total, I was at the gym for under an hour and burned 420 calories.
Have a great Valentine’s day everyone!