Hey everyone! As you guys already know, I’ve been working hard on renovating my rental property that I bought in October ( I guess I can call it the Blog House now after my last post about how I bought it by blogging!). I wanted to show you the hard work we have put in over there. Everyone loves a good before and after pic, right?!
I know my blog is primarily fitness related stuff, but I also talk about other things that interest me like real estate, DIY and a little bit of fashion! Maybe it’s becoming more of a lifestyle blog with a main focus on fitness 😉 If you like seeing stuff like this on my blog, let me know and I can post more!
When I bought the blog house, a grandma previously owned it. She had a ROSE bathroom. Check it…
Rose wallpaper everywhere. She loved it too. Me…not so much.
Now…get your barf bag ready for this one…
Check out the disgusting YELLOW tub and surround with an off white/pinkish toilet.
The floor was old sticky linoleum tiles that were peeling up and disgusting.
Well….the bathroom was one of many rooms we have fixed up in the house and I want to introduce you to the NEW and improved Blog House bathroom!
I LOVE it now. It’s a bathroom that I would actually like to have in my own home!
Here’s what we did to the Blog House Bathroom:
- Tore out yellow colored tub and surround
- Removed and replaced a new shower head and faucet (products used are below)
- Removed and replaced toilet
- Installed new tub
- Installed new shower surround
- Removed and replaced sink hardware
- Refinished old vanity by sanding and painting it white
- Removed and replaced old mirror
- Wallpapered walls
- Added bathroom towel accessories on walls
- Installed vinyl sheet resilient flooring
- Added trim and shoe molding
Doesn’t it look so new and fresh??! I researched a TON to find the options for the cheapest cost. I’m a couponer at heart so I always make sure to find the best deals.
- Chrome Delta Porter Tub & Shower Faucet Set – $102
- 5 Piece Tub Surround (bright white) – $56
- Bright white tub – $149
- Chrome Sink faucet – $49
- Paintable Wallpaper – $51.98
- Bright white toilet – $86.57
- Towel accessories for walls – $49
- Vinyl sheet flooring – $110
- Bathroom mirror – $49.99
In the end, this entire bathroom makeover costed around $750! Now THAT’S a good price for an entire bathroom remodel!!
- Be careful when tearing out an old iron tub. Those things are HEAVYYYY. Do any wallpaper or painting AFTER you replace the tub otherwise you’ll mess up the wallpaper and ding up the walls.
- Make sure to TURN OFF the water supply lines before you remove an old tub. If you don’t, you may bust a water pipe and have a waterfall in your bathroom (yep that happened…)
- If your vanity is in decent shape, you can easily sand it and paint it bright white to give it a makeover. We saved a lot of money and work by doing this.
- The shower curtain and accessories were all found at TJMaxx. I frickin’ love that place! Here’s a link to the Domain Emma Shower Curtain on Amazon.
Here are the side by side comparisons pics.
Overall we are very happy with how our Blog House bathroom turned out. What do you think?