Remember last year when I showed you guys the list of America’s Fittest cities? Well a new list was just released for this year! Let’s check it out!
The Top 10 Cities
1. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
2. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
3. San Diego-Carlsbad, CA
4. San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
5. Sacramento–Roseville–Arden-Arcade, CA
6. Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO
7. Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
8. Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
9. Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA-NH
10. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
The Bottom 10 Cities
41. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
42. New Orleans-Metairie, LA
43. Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC
44. Birmingham-Hoover, AL
45. Nashville-Davidson–Murfreesboro–Franklin, TN
46. Louisville/Jefferson County, KY-IN
47. San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX
48. Oklahoma City, OK
49. Memphis, TN-MS-AR
50. Indianapolis-Carmel-Anderson, IN
Washington, D.C., is recognized as the fittest U.S. city! Next in line goes to Minneapolis-St. Paul, San Diego, Sacramento, and San Francisco. Unfortunately, Indianapolis sank to the bottom of the list as the least active city (not technically the fattest city in America, but the least active) in the country, according to the eighth annual American Fitness Index from the American College of Sports Medicine and the Anthem Foundation.
Whoah there!!! What’s going on Indianapolis? I lived there for the 5 years and I happened to be in the best shape of my life during those 5 years. You guys better shape up because it IS possible to stay fit and active in Indy!
The cities were judged by determining amount outdoor activity options and rates of smoking, diabetes and obesity.
What do you think about these results? Do you live in one of these cities mentioned above? Do you agree with these results, or disagree? Leave a comment below!