Adrian Peterson Workout Routine
As we all know, Adrian Peterson is a freak athlete with an even crazier body. He has become an NFL superstar and the ideal physique for men around the world.
Who Is Adrian Peterson?
Adrian Lewis Peterson was born on March 21, 1985 in Texas. He played college football for Oklahoma. He is now a well known professional American football player. He plays for NFL National Football league. He is a running back who has played for the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings.
Adrian Peterson Awards
College freshman first team All American
NFL Offensive Rookie Of The Year
Pro Bowl MVP
Became the fifth player in NFL history to have more than 3,000 yards through his first two seasons
Became the sixth fastest player to reach 8,000 rushing yards
Adrian Peterson Height / Weight Stats
Adrian Peterson Workout
This Adrian Peterson workout will be sure to shred your body and give you the ideal look of Adrian Peterson. It will help you lower your body fat, increase muscle mass and improve athletic performance.
Football players need to train for explosive movements to prepare them for the playing field. Most plays are no longer than 15 seconds so this football workout will focus on high intensity bursts while also building strength.
- 3 days of Strength Training (upper, lower & full body)
- 1 day of speed and agility work
- 1 day of plyometrics
Monday – Upper Body Strength
Tuesday – Lower Body Strength
Wednesday – Speed & Agility
Thursday – Steady State Cardio
Friday – Plyometrics
Saturday – Full Body Strength
Sunday – Rest
Adrian Peterson Workout – A Football Workout
Upper Body Strength Workout
- Bench Press (4 sets of 10, last set to failure)
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press (3 sets of 8)
- Military Press (3 sets of 8-10)
- Shrugs (3 sets of 20)
- Cable Crossover (3 sets of 6-8)
- Dumbbell Fly (3 sets of 8)
- Alternating Dumbell Curls (3 sets of 8-10)
- Tricep Dip (3 sets of 10)
- Skullcrushers (3 sets of 6-8)
Lower Body Strength Workout
Do all lower body workouts for 3 sets with 10-12 reps.
- Deadlifts (Every other week switch from straight leg and regular / conventional type)
- Lying Leg Curls
- Calf Raises
Speed & Agility Functional Football Workout
Do 3 sets of each to concentrate on high intensity sprints.
- 10m Sprints
- 25m Sprints
Follow up your sprint workout with one longer distance sprint.
- 400m Sprint x 1
- Agility Ladder – push up – sprint: Run the agility ladder (outside to inside each box, end with 5 push ups, then pop up to sprint 10m) Do this 5 times.
Functional workout to improve vertical jump
- Jump and reach – While standing, squat down and jump to reach something above you. It’s recommended to do this with a weight vest.
Do 3-4 sets of each
- One Leg Jumps – Squat and jump straight up x 10 each leg
- Forward Jumps – While standing, squat and jump forward as far as possible. x10
- Pop Squats x 20
- Burpees with pushup x 20
- Box Jumps x 10
Full Body Explosive Workout
Do these exercises for 3 sets each and until failure (aim for around 8 reps unless otherwise noted)
- Power Cleans
- Box Jumps
- Medicine Ball Throw Situps (against a wall / net or with a friend x20 )
Push-up to Box Jump (x10)Incline weighted situps (x15)
What do you think of the Adrian Peterson workout? Leave a comment below and make sure to challenge your friends to do the football workout with you!