Do you add cinnamon to your oats, coffee, cereal, sweet potatoes, yogurt, fruit or bread to increase flavor? If so, you may be doing some great things for your body without even realizing it!
I personally LOVE cinnamon. It adds such a nice flavor and you don’t need to add a lot of it to give your food or drinks a nice kick of flavor 🙂
Health Benefits of Cinnamon:
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL).
- Cinnamon may help regulate Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels.
- Cinnamon may reduce inflammation in the body. It can reduce blood clots.
- It has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.It can help withyeast infections.
- Cinnamon can help reduce cancer cells in leukemia and lymphoma cells (Shown in a study published by researches at the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland).
- A 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon powder combined with one tablespoon of honey every morning has been proven to relieve arthritis pain (study at Copenhagan University).
- It helps eliminate bacteria growth and food spoilage. If you add some to a food, it acts as an all natural food preservative.
- The smell of cinnamon can increase cognitive brain function and memory.
- It can fight E.coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices (per study at Kansas State University)
- Provides excellent nutrients such as manganese, fiber, iron and calcium.
Next time you’re reaching for your morning oats, don’t hesitate to add some cinnamon!