How To Manage Your Time & Workouts
I have been so swamped lately with life. I have to find time to balance my full time job, gym time, prepping food, my blog, my online personal training team, my Isagenix business, housework & taking care of my two dogs and a boyfriend (haha, ladies, you know it’s true! Sorry, Ryan!).
We all lead busy lives, but everyone has the same amount of time in their day. It’s how you manage your time that counts.
I could easily make an excuse every day as to why I don’t have time for the gym. Many of us take the easy road out and find an excuse to miss the gym, when in reality, you can MAKE time.
I understand everyone has different schedules and commitments but I truly believe that we can all MAKE time to go to the gym. Make your health a priority and get your booty moving!
Here are a few tips that I’ve found helpful when I feel like I’m just overwhelmed and don’t know how to manage my life while also staying active.
How To Manage Time & Workouts
- Create a weekly list. I like to write out each one of my workouts. If you set a date for your workouts, you can treat it like an appointment and make it a priority.
- Workout at different times. Even though you may not be a morning person (LIKE ME!!), sometimes you can suck it up and head to the gym before your other obligations to ensure you fit in your workout. I also squeeze workouts in at lunch too!
- Do a home workout. Throw in a workout DVD and get your sweat on at home! I’ve done the Insanity workouts and it’s for SURE possible to get a great workout from a DVD!
- Find a workout buddy. A workout buddy can really hold you accountable. If you schedule a run in the morning with a friend, you will be less likely to hit that snooze button.
- Find a gym that’s close to your work. If you can easily drive to your gym from work, you will be more likely to go. My gym is about 1 mile from my work so I can either go before work, after or even at lunch!
- Workout with your kids! If you’re worried about not being able to spend enough time with your kids, bring them with you to the park and let them see you doing an outdoor workout (Try my playground workout). There’s nothing better than your children learning and seeing first hand that a fit life is something that’s just PART OF LIFE.
- Prep your meals in advance! I ALWAYS do my weekly meal prep on Sundays. Even though this takes a few hours out of my Sunday, it will help me stay on track with my nutrition during the week. It’s SO nice to come home after a long day and have a pre-made clean meal ready for me in the fridge. Use a rest day from the gym to be your food prep day.
Now stop making excuses and make your health a priority!