If you have been reading this blog for a while now, you know that I have a serious love for Mexican food. I’m talking SERIOUS LOVE! I love making up clean recipes that will satisfy my Mexican food cravings. This week, I created a spicy turkey taco recipe and they were SO easy to make and very tasty.
Spicy Turkey Taco Recipe
- 16 oz lean ground turkey
- 1 container of spicy corn salsa (I found it at my Kroger grocery store. It was made by Garden Highway and had 14tbs in the container. It was already a fresh pre-made package of tomatoes, onions and peppers.)
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey at a medium-high heat.
- When turkey is cooked through, add fresh corn salsa to skillet.
- Cook for an additional few minutes (with lid on) for salsa to heat up.
- Add spicy turkey to romaine hearts to act as taco shells.
- Add a little plain Greek yogurt on top to act as sour cream.
They are really good and have a great spicy kick to them because of the corn salsa.
This recipe makes about 5 servings.
Nutrition (with Greek yogurt):
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 23.6g
- Carbs: 10.1g
- Sugar: .3g
If you try this spicy turkey taco recipe, leave a comment below and let me know what you think!