Last night I wanted to bake something that would be good for a mid afternoon snack. I wanted something that I can just grab and go (like the protein bars from last week!). I decided to make a breakfast cookie/muffin. They turned out great!!!
- 2 cups whole wheat oats (I used quick cooking oats)
- 1/4 cup Truvia (I used 10 packets)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 scoops vanilla protein
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 8 oz of applesauce (baby food)
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (4 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients (oats, truvia, baking powder, salt, protein & cinnamon).
- Add wet ingredients to dry mix (applesauce, egg whites & greek yogurt). Mix well!
- Spray baking pan with non-stick spray. I used a muffin top pan that created 12 perfectly sized portions. You can also use a regular pan and just divide the servings by 12.
- Fill the pain with the mix. I filled each spot to the very top. I was able to fit the entire recipe into 12 cookie spots.
- You can also add some fruit to the top of each cookie to spice things up. For this recipe, I made them plain.
- Bake for about 15-20 min or until golden brown.
- When you remove from the oven, make sure that a knife comes out clean when placed in the center.
- This recipe makes 12 servings!
- Serving Size: 1 breakfast cookie
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 1.5g
- Carbs: 16.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein 12.7g
Here is a more detailed breakdown of one cookie/muffin.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment below and let me know what you think!!! ENJOY!