This weekend I made a fabulous protein bar recipe. I got the main recipe from Jamie Eason’s LiveFit Lemon Protein Bar recipe, but I tweaked it quite a bit. I like to call these Lemon-berry protein bars. They are really good and help to fight off a sweet tooth!
Lemon Berry Protein Bars Recipe
- 1 cup oat flour ( Just mixed regular oats in my magic blender to make them)
- 4 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 qt mix True Lemon raspberry lemonade mix ( I had the individual packets, so I used 4 of them)
- 3 egg whites
- 4 packets of Truvia (I’d leave this out next time. The true lemon mix gave the bars enough sweetness!)
- 8 oz baby food applesauce
- 4 oz water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray 8×8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
- Pour ingredients into dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until you can cut through bread without it sticking to the fork. Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving.
Serving size: 2 squares
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below to let me know what you think!! Enjoy <3