Ok, so I’m TOTALLY stoked about this recipe. If you’ve been following my blog for a while now, you know that I can’t go very long without my pizza fix. I’m from Chicago, can you blame me? It’s in our blood!
This recipe is a spin off of Toni’s Clean Pizza recipe but with a couple tweaks. It tastes like a combination of chicken parmesan and pizza!!
Mini Chicken Parm Bites Recipe
- 16 oz extra lean ground chicken
- 1/3 cup oats
- 6 TBS liquid egg whites
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 12 TBS natural marinara sauce
- Pizza & Pasta Magic blend spice
The pan I used for this recipe was a muffin top pan. It’s not a normal muffin pan, the holes are much more shallow (like just a muffin TOP size). I knew it would be perfect for this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the chicken into a bowl and add the oats and egg whites.
- Mix the ingredients together with your hands.
- Place about a golf ball size of the mixture into each of the 12 spots in the pan. Use all 16 oz of chicken for 12 equal portions.
- Before you put the chicken in the oven, sprinkle each one with Pizza & Pasta Magic blend spice. This is a new spice I found and it is seriously AMAZING. It smells like pizza is cooking in the oven…even though it’s just chicken and spices at this point 😉
- Bake the chicken at 425 for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 TBS of natural marinara sauce to each. I used Mezzetta Napa Valley Bistro because it’s all natural and very tasty!
- Divide up the 1 cup of cottage cheese between all 12. (My trick is to BLEND the cottage cheese in a blender to get rid of the chunky texture that I CAN’T STAND. I won’t normally eat cottage cheese, but it actually tastes GOOD when it’s blended and baked on this recipe!! Trust me on this one!)
- You can also get creative and add any other toppings you like.
- Sprinkle on more Pizza & Pasta Magic Blend spices.
- Put back in the overn (at 425) for 7-10 more minutes. This is to allow the toppings to heat up.
Serving Size: 3 Chicken Parm Bites
I have a feeling this will become a staple in my house. I loved it and so did the BF! WOOHOO. Finding a clean food that I love is one of my favorite things in the world!! Can you tell I’m a bit excited about this one?!? <3
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think!
- #8 – Learn 10 new recipes (4 out of 10 completed)