Happy Friday!!! This was such a weird week because I took Monday off because of my stitches in my hand and then I was in a training class Tues-Thursday. This is my first day of being back to normal.
This weekend in Indianapolis, we have the Big 10 basketball tournament. You can bet that my boyfriend has “boys weekend”. I’m going to find my own fun this weekend…without him! Who needs boys!?! Right?
Yesterday I made my 3rd weekly visit to the gym and trained chest, triceps & shoulders. Here’s a look at what I did…if I can remember correctly…
- Incline Flyes (3 sets of 12)
- Cable Crossover (3 sets of 12). By the way I love this exercise! I feel like I can always see my muscles pop more when doing this exercise than any other. Don’t mind me if I’m staring in the mirror while doing these 😉
- Bench Dips (3 sets of 12) – For two sets I did with body weight, the other 2 I added a 10lb weight to my lap.
- Tricep push-downs (3 sets of 10-12). I did 20lb, 25lb, 20lb
- Dumbell shoulder press (3 sets of 12) – I did a drop set from 15lbs to 10lbs dumbells. When I couldn’t do anymore reps at 15, I’d pick up the 10’s to finish it off.
- Lat raises machine (3 sets of 12)
- Front and side lateral raises with dumbells – I grabbed the 5lb dumbells because I knew I’d be doing a lot of reps for this one so I was okay with using a lower weight. I started with about 10-12 front raises and then immediately did the same to the side. My arms were burning at the end of the 20! I did two sets of this cycle.
I then made up my own treadmill HIIT workout where I alternated the speed from 5mph to 9mph. I’d run at 9mph for one minute, then go down to 5mph. After my heart rate got to aroudn 165bmp, then I’d run another minute at 9. It turned me into a sweaty betty!
Looks like I went 2.14 miles in about 20 minutes.
Burned 229 calories with an average heart rate of 167 and maximum heart rate at 185!! Wow it got high up there!
As I said before..I transformed into a sweaty mess after this workout…as always…
It wasn’t sweat though..it was liquid awesome pouring out of my body 😉
I recovered with a good ol’ protein shake and then later on I had 6 egg whites before bed. Pretty tasty!
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay Active!!