Happy Friday everyone! I am really ready for a weekend right about now. It’s been another full week of workouts. I haven’t missed a day all week 🙂 I deserve a cookie..or beer tonight.
After work, I headed to the gym and worked Back & Bis for Lee Labrada’s Lean Body Trainer (Week 2 Day 3). I tried to increase my weight a bit on this workout and it was a success!!! Here’s what I did.
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure ( I used a 25lb dumbbell for 10 reps on this one. New PR!!!)
- Underhand Pull Down: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure.
- Low Row: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure (Switched from deadlifts because my lower back has been bothering me for the past 2 weeks!)
- Alternate Dumbbell Curl: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure (Did one set with 10lb dumbbells and 2 sets with 15lb dumbbells. That’s a new PR for me! It was hard but exciting.)
- Standing Barbell Curl: 2 sets of 10-12 reps, 1 set to failure (Used a 30lb barbell for the first time. Woohoo!)
Then I did my 30 Min HIIT Sprints Workout on the treadmill. This is the workout where you do 30 min of 30 second sprints at 8mph. I was tired by the end but I think I can up my speed next time I do this one.
After the gym, I picked up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and made myself a nice quick dinner of chicken, green beans and a protein shake.
I don’t have many big plans for this weekend. I like not having much planned because we don’t get many weekends like this. I already started looking ahead at my summer schedule and it’s already getting really busy. Being in a wedding really takes up a lot of weekends, but that’s okay because I’ll be with fun people 🙂
While looking ahead, I also got excited because I’ll be attending the Arnold Sports Festival for the first time this year! I can’t wait! My boyfriend goes with his friends every year but this time, I’M ALL IN! I’ve only heard great things about it AND my friend randomly decided he wanted to join the ping-pong competition..so that will be VERY interesting since I’ve never seen him tough a ping pong ball unless we were playing beer pong 😉
This year, it’s March 1-4 in Columbus, Ohio. If you don’t know what it is, the Arnold Classic is hosts some of the biggest bodybuilding competitions, many other sports competitions & a huge fitness expo. Jamie Eason will be there 🙂 I hope I can get a picture with her!
Have you ever heard of The Arnold? If so, are you planning on going this year?