Somehow I ended up back here..after having an amazing trip to the Bahamas. It sucks so much to be back, but at least we had a blast while we were there!
Here’s a pic of the BF and I at the Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas.
There was so much to do on the cruise and Nassau, Freeport and Half Moon Cay were all amazing day trips on the beach. We swam with the stingrays in Half Moon Cay, went to the Atlantis in Nassau and went to an all inclusive resort in Freeport. We had amazing and UNLIMITED food, lots of adult beverages, good friends with us and beautiful weather. I don’t think it gets much better than that!
I crossed off a TON of goals from my 101 in 1001 list from this vacation.
101 in 1001 goals completed:
- 2. Drink a pina colada on a beach. I drank MANY of these on the beach, so I surpassed my goal 🙂
- 4. Try 25 new foods. 6/25 completed ( I tried Mahi Mahi one night! I liked it too!)
- 5. Try 6 new beers 1/6 completed ( I tried Sunlight Cream Ale which is a beer brewed in Indianapolis. I tried it when we got back from vacation and it was really good. It tasted just like my favorite beer…Bud Light).
- 36. Go on a cruise – Canival Ecstasy to the Bahamas!
- 37. Visit 3 states I’ve never been to 1/3 completed (Our flight was cancelled due to an ice storm on the way to Orlando so we had to drive 8 hours and catch a flight in Birmingham, Alabama! I had never been to Alabama until then).
- 40. Take a spontaneous road trip (When our flight was canceled, we had the option to either cancel our cruise or drive 8 hours to the nearest available airport that could make it to our cruise in time. We chose to pack up the car with me and 3 dudes and make an adventure out of it. We had to drive 2 hours to Louisville, KY in an ice storm to get a rental car then drive 6 more hours to Birmingham, Alabama to catch our flight to Orlando. That was quite the spontaneous road trip that I’d rather never repeat again! We made our cruise though..that’s all that matters!)
- 42. Go to a comedy show (On the cruise we went to 2 comedy shows. They were so hilarious!!!)
- 65. Feel confident in a bikini (I can honestly say that I felt confident in my bikini on this vacation. I had just finished Jamie Eason’s LiveFit trainer and felt great about how I looked. I think that’s a first…seriously!)
- 69. Do something I’ve always been afraid of (We went swimming with stingrays on this vacation. I had no interest in doing this but a couple of the people in my group wanted to, so I sucked it up and did it. It was scary at first, but I ended up touching them and even holding a nasty squid and letting a stingray suck it out of my hand! What a cool experience!!!)
- 72. Go an entire day without using my phone (This was easy on the cruise because I didn’t want to spend outrageous prices to use my phone in the middle of the ocean or on an island. Check!)
- 77. Laugh until I cry (Ummmm this happened pretty much the whole vacation. There were a TON of funny stories from this trip.
- 87. Get professional pictures taken (On the cruise they have photographers with set up areas for portraits. Lets just say I had too many beverages and ended up “Tebowing” in our elegant portrait. Oh boy…hahaha I’m an idiot! The picture below was just one of our friends taking a picture of us. The professional picture is WAY better because they even softened the picture to make it look elegant and professional. I love it! )
- 101. Inspire someone else to create a 101 in 1001 list ( I was notified by a reader that my blog has inspired them to create their own list! Awesome!!!)
Overall, I had a fantastic week long vacation. We got to also celebrate my BF and my 4 year anniversary and his bday and my best friends bday all in one trip.
I want to announce that Eversave.com has contacted me and wants to host a few giveaways on my blog coming up. Please stay tuned for your chance to win some prizes! Also, they are having a Twitter party this Friday from 1-2pm EST where you can win a ton of awesome prizes and a chance to win an amazing grand prize!! Hopefully you can find the time to join the party this Friday! (2/3)
The Twitter name you’ll be following is #SuperEversaveIndy.