Last night I spent a few hours in the kitchen doing my Sunday food prep. This week, I wanted to make a bunch of protein pancakes to have for breakfast. I’ve been completely sick of egg whites lately so I was looking for a way to get my egg whites in without having to eat them hard boiled or scrambled. I decided to make them into a Blueberry Protein Pancakes Recipe instead!
These pancakes were based off of Lori Harder’s Busy Girl Healthy Life recipe, with a little tweaks here and there.
Blueberry Protein Pancakes Recipe
4 egg whites (3/4 cup liquid egg whites)
1/2 c. whole wheat oats
1/4 c. low fat cottage cheese
4 packets no calorie sweetener
10 fresh blueberries
- A couple dashes of cinnamon
- In a Magic Bullet or blender, mix together egg whites, oats, cinnamon, cottage cheese and sweetener.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spray an 8 inch pan with cooking spray and let it warm up over a medium heat (level 4 on my stove)
- Pour half of your mixture onto the skillet and drop 5 blueberries into the pan onto your pancake.
- Flip your pancake in 3 minutes and let other side cook for 3 minutes.
- Cook your other pancake the same way. Each pancake takes about 6 minutes to cook to perfection!
I decided that one pancake is a big enough serving for my first meal every day. Here is the breakdown of nutrition in each pancake. The recipe above makes 2 servings.
Calorie / Macro Breakdown
Serving size: 1 pancake
I made a bunch of these and put them right in the freezer. They will be perfect to grab and go to eat at work. I’ll just throw one in the microwave for a minute to warm it up and enjoy a healthy & yummy breakfast!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think by leaving a comment below!